So, I didn’t set a new year’s resolution or anything like that, but still I have come so far in just a year’s time. It feels good. I hope to move further along in my quest for a healthier lifestyle in 2013, but alas, that’s a different post!
I wish I had been thinking about this post for days instead of minutes. Then I could have a really good list of the things I have accomplished in the last year. I can try to list some anyway, right?
Where did I start?
1. I barely huffed out 5 minutes on the elliptical.
2. I used 2 lb weights in the strength training class.
3. I felt terrible.
4. I did not run.
5. I was a slow walker.
6. I couldn’t cross my legs.
7. Standing and sitting was a bit of a struggle because my legs were weak.
8. I hated walking the dogs because it was sooo hard!
9. I smoked 1/2 – 1 pack a day.
Ugh…enough of that. There’s more, I’m sure.
What have I done?
1. Completed 2 10 week Boot Camp classes. (The last using 10 lb weights)
2. Walked a 5k.
3. Wogged in several 5ks! (9 I think)
4. I’ve lost 50 freaking pounds!
5. My acne has cleared up.
6. It’s no problem for me to sit and stand. My legs are strong!
7. Not only can I stay on the elliptical…but I can also handle the stairmaster!
8. I quit smoking.
9. I realized that I don’t have to do it all at one time. Every little bit counts.
10. I can cross my legs.
11. I can put my socks and shoes on without having to lift one leg onto the other.
12. 5 pant sizes!
13. I’m fitter (and smaller) than I’ve been in my adult life (well…since college)
14. I can run up flights of stairs without getting winded! (remembered that this morning when running bleachers! O.o)
And…I got distracted with the ball dropping, and now I have to go to bed. Why? So I can get up early and run a 5k! Woot!